Our 2012 iMac has been getting slower and slower with every Mac OS update. I have enjoyed breathing new life into it by changing the operating system to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. As I write this blog post it feels like a very different machine and I have no doubt it will give us many more years of service.
A couple of things…
- I love learning new things.
- Ubuntu means “humanity” in Zulu.
- The Ubuntu installation was painless, everything just worked.
- The Ubuntu desktop looks fresh and modern.
- The 2012 iMac was the first “thin” iMac and it still looks amazing today.
- New ideas on old hardware = New lease of life